The Planetoid Community
July 17, 2018, 10:20:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Media Login Register  
NEW FORUMS
***NOTICE***

The Planetoid Community has moved to a new subdomain. These forum boards are locked and no longer active. Please register at the following URL and update your bookmarks:

http://boards.planetoidcommunity.com/

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for releases  (Read 15130 times)
Kerlc
Self-righteous Git Extraordinaire
Blessed Ham

Space Kraken

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 11:02:43 am »

I can do slovene.

Quote from: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
This was because reason was in fact out to lunch.
Quote from: anonymous
"We are the middle children of history. Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space."
Metalsoul
Zipularc

luca.zambarda@live.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 06:22:45 am »

I'm glad to announce that in the next version there will be three new buildings, and one of them will be...
An energy shield to protect your planets Cheesy
Rembember the one from Planetoid 2? Well... much much better Wink
Soon you'll see some screenshots Smiley

Best question ever asked:
"Why cubic characters?"

http://www.metalsoulstudios.net
karhu05
God of the Vikings and Cake
Cancer

Can Estonia into Nordic?

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 08:50:41 am »

Awesome! But I have 1 question: Will the demo get updated, with like 1 or so building? Or will you leave it at it's current state? Because from the demo, it looks like the only limitation is the time one (also saving games), not other awesome features. This may leave some people off wondering like *what? is this all game has to offer? meh* Btw, I had 1 person buy it, I just linked him to the trailer and 5 min later he bought  ::3:. He likes it. I think at the current state it's okay to advertise the game, also. Facebook page seems to be too little. Maybe a moddb/desura page? Or some other indie game website, many gamers visit those in search of *true diamonds* which i think p3d is. Just a nice cover pic will get you a download from the average internet browser xD  Anyway, good luck! Looking forward for the update! Smiley

The official forum baiter.
LOL well at least the Windows 8 version is fine.
I may have cancer, alzheimers' and lack limbs, but at least this chair is comfortable.
So, wait. Your government has a large: "Act like a spoiled brat" button they can press at any time, damaging the entire nation's economy because one of the parties doesn't want a law/something to pass?

Proud owner of a long sig!
I am the head tester of Planetoid Defense.
Energywelder
Duskus

Don't fuck with Bolos, or this will happen.

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:13 pm »

If you eventually become filthy stinking rich off this, will you consider maybe releasing a less limiting version of P3D demo, or am I sounding really pathetic?

\"Some say the world will end in Fire
Some say in Ice
From what I\'ve tasted of Desire
I hold with those who favor Fire
But if it had to perish Twice
I Know enough of Hate
To know that Ice
Is also Great
And would Suffice\"

Robert Frost

Metalsoul
Zipularc

luca.zambarda@live.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 12:40:29 am »

Awesome! But I have 1 question: Will the demo get updated, with like 1 or so building? Or will you leave it at it's current state? Because from the demo, it looks like the only limitation is the time one (also saving games), not other awesome features. This may leave some people off wondering like *what? is this all game has to offer? meh* Btw, I had 1 person buy it, I just linked him to the trailer and 5 min later he bought  ::3:. He likes it. I think at the current state it's okay to advertise the game, also. Facebook page seems to be too little. Maybe a moddb/desura page? Or some other indie game website, many gamers visit those in search of *true diamonds* which i think p3d is. Just a nice cover pic will get you a download from the average internet browser xD  Anyway, good luck! Looking forward for the update! Smiley

Thanks!
When I'll release the next update I'll also make a new demo Cheesy

If you eventually become filthy stinking rich off this, will you consider maybe releasing a less limiting version of P3D demo, or am I sounding really pathetic?

Aahahah I don't think I will ever become filthy rich off this xD But yeah, who knows, I could extend the time limit to 40 minutes, I'll ask my beta testers Smiley

"Why cubic characters?"

Link
Hominid

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 08:07:25 am »

If tou want create a terraformer, please the terraformer musn't make planets ! This is not realy realist... But create a space station ! And if we have the tecnology can we select the orbit ?  Grin

Metalsoul
Zipularc

luca.zambarda@live.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 10:35:56 am »

If tou want create a terraformer, please the terraformer musn't make planets ! This is not realy realist... But create a space station ! And if we have the tecnology can we select the orbit ?  Grin

A terraformer is a quite problematic topic, people could use it to destroy planets instead of creating new ones, so I have to study it with extreme accuracy!
By the way, in the next update there will be 3 or more new structures, a new research and, of course, lots of fixes and improvements!  Wink

"Why cubic characters?"

Energywelder
Duskus

Don't fuck with Bolos, or this will happen.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »

Here is an actual idea, can you create a version that does not utilize any type of .zip file? My computer doesn't like them, and please don't launch into a monolouge of technical jargon (I'm sick and don't need it), let's just leave it at that.

\"Some say the world will end in Fire
Some say in Ice
From what I\'ve tasted of Desire
I hold with those who favor Fire
But if it had to perish Twice
I Know enough of Hate
To know that Ice
Is also Great
And would Suffice\"

Robert Frost

Gheiter
NPGP Developer
Administrator
Blessed Ham

Also known as the Lord of Cookies!

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 12:01:26 am »

@Terraformer
It could be made so if you go too close to another planet with it, it won't create a planet.

#28. Law of Breaking Laws: - Any laws found broken must be fixed or paid for by the one who broke the law. With law mechanics expensive as they are, we cannot afford to keep doing it ourselves.

"This isn't our freakin' universe!" -- Myself
Metalsoul
Zipularc

luca.zambarda@live.it
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 12:15:19 am »

Here is an actual idea, can you create a version that does not utilize any type of .zip file? My computer doesn't like them, and please don't launch into a monolouge of technical jargon (I'm sick and don't need it), let's just leave it at that.

No problem, no monologue, i promise Smiley
.zip files are the most common, if we can find a valid alternative I would be glad to use it (maybe .rar)

@Terraformer
It could be made so if you go too close to another planet with it, it won't create a planet.

That's a nice idea, but what about selecting a place in 3d space? it is not so easy :\

"Why cubic characters?"

karhu05
Cancer

Can Estonia into Nordic?

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 02:11:02 am »

It's really simple with Homeworld's control system. Play HW. It's awesome and will give many more ideas.

I may have cancer, alzheimers' and lack limbs, but at least this chair is comfortable.
So, wait. Your government has a large: "Act like a spoiled brat" button they can press at any time, damaging the entire nation's economy because one of the parties doesn't want a law/something to pass?

Link
Hominid

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 04:05:14 am »

Yes ! Select x coordonate on a horizontal grid and lock the select at x. After the player can move up or down for choose a perfect coordonates !

EDIT ; A terraformer can create a comet mining, like this planets ;

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:45:49 am by Link » Logged

deathpickle
Hominid

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »

you probably thought of this already, and I've only ever used the demo so im not sure but...

i think kendoniam power plants should be the first thing you can build (hazardous and requires workers to generate power)  if i was a total nub-cake i wouldn't know to build more solar panels than kendoniam extractors, and i would be forced to disable a few to keep positive power, and then there's the problem with night and day. my natural instinct is to clump up my buildings to save space , but that means that at 'night' I'm making no energy and its quite annoying, as i run out of energy and have to disable my extractors.

if you are planning on adding the kendonium power plant thingys, making them take people inside as workers, and occasionally killing them off would be pretty annoying, causing people to really want to go and get solar panels that the only bad thing is no energy at night, also it would create a bigger need for homes at an earlier level.

you could probably even revamp the whole game by making it that every building requires that it be x amount of population, AND make higher tear buildings take less workers. you would probably need to increase max population aswell.
good lux
karhu05
Cancer

Can Estonia into Nordic?

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

On night and day cycle, put your solar generators/whatever near the planet's polar areas.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate to The Planetoid Community
* Arcade
There are no arcade mods installed.