The Planetoid Community
December 18, 2018, 12:53:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Media Login Register  
NEW FORUMS
***NOTICE***

The Planetoid Community has moved to a new subdomain. These forum boards are locked and no longer active. Please register at the following URL and update your bookmarks:

http://boards.planetoidcommunity.com/

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Realm of Aether  (Read 9923 times)
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

How did I not see this topic before?

I agree on most, but...

No. I'm not gonna have that again. I don't want things from our universe to have somehow magically appeared in the NPGP one, like it was with the Cats, Pacmen, Dogs and other races in the Planetoid lore.

Acciorar could have gotten the idea for viking equilavents just purely from his own imagination. There'll be differences between that race and the real vikings, but mainly they're alike.
But no direct inter-universe influences are permitted in lore.

As for Mazteria & Juukregia and the others, they're fine and I intend to keep them as you've presented them.
They're not created by MetalSoul anyways, and never even gotten to the actual game. So I'm fine with that.

For the Eccentricus, I'd actually like a more original name. That is, less derived from the word "eccentric". Suggestions on this are welcome. (From ASG or anyone else)
I've actually got a lot of them planned out, probably more than of any other race. Let me give you a list of things:
 - They're an asexual humanoid race.
 - They're physically weak, green and skinny. No body hair anywhere.
 - They've (still) got one eye bigger than the other.
 - They may very well be the most technologically advanced race during the third era. But most races are not aware of this, as they prefer to keep their tech level unknown to others in order to avoid conflict with races that would want to obtain their technology by violent means.
 - They're generally peaceful. Though, in the times of war their strategies, defenses and weapons are supreme against most.
 - They have a very rich philoshopical culture. Lots of art and literature.
 - They lay eggs instead of carrying babies inside. They don't need mates to reproduce, but they prefer to in order to keep the gene pool rich. There's no sexual intercourse, though. Just passing on fluids trough small glands on their arms and necks, which can be villingly shut.
 - They breathe Oxyhyphon, hyprogen is not lethal to them.
 - They are a democracy, with a parliament containing one representative from each planet they occupy. They also have a Prime Ambassador who deals with interracial relations. They have parliament elections every 33 standard years.
 - They live up to 800 years. This is rare, though. The average lifetime is 250 years. Longer life is caused by an extra protein produced in the brain, the gene that causes the production of this protein is unknown, and does not necessarily pass onto one's children. The protein cannot be shyntesized either, because it has unique characteristics for each invidivual. Another body would reject someone else's protein due to their brain's reaction to it. The cause for this remains unknown, and one of the greatest mysteries of the Eccentricus.

All understandable and taken note of. This would be much simpler if I had all the information to begin with, or at least a basic outline. Should we wait for further information before continuing with more lore?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:38:57 am by GetDowntoLive » Logged
Astrangegamer
A Stranger Game
Blessed Ham

Strange, this normal, I don't get it

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:37 pm »

On the Eccentricus (temporary code name), sounds interesting for them. As for a new name, how does this sound: Sophians (based off the -sophy of philosophy coming from the word for knowledge in I think Latin.)

- Astrangegamer ([year])
Gheiter
NPGP Developer
Administrator
Blessed Ham

Also known as the Lord of Cookies!

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 11:53:50 pm »

one question, can I handle the Astronauts equivalent?
No. Well, not yet anyways.

Quote from: GetDowntoLive link=topic=6483.msg144188#msg144188
Should we wait for further information before continuing with more lore?
Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

On the Eccentricus (temporary code name), sounds interesting for them. As for a new name, how does this sound: Sophians (based off the -sophy of philosophy coming from the word for knowledge in I think Latin.)
Sophians sound good. But how about "Esophians"? The extra 'E' just brings some more alien-likeness to it. Tongue

#28. Law of Breaking Laws: - Any laws found broken must be fixed or paid for by the one who broke the law. With law mechanics expensive as they are, we cannot afford to keep doing it ourselves.

"This isn't our freakin' universe!" -- Myself
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2013, 05:12:12 am »

All noted. Awaiting your upcoming information. I also like the "Esophians".
Kerlc
Self-righteous Git Extraordinaire
Blessed Ham

Space Kraken

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 08:45:42 am »

Well, Endless Space already has Sophians and I don't really think a single letter will save us from some dumbass accusing us of nicking the name.

If we are going the Latin-derived path, I would suggest illascintur, literally translated to "do you know them". I think it fits with the Strange thematic rather well, the meaning and the name itself. If you have any better suggestions, please share

edit: sorry, Endless Space has Sophons. my bad.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:23:27 am by Kerlc » Logged

Quote from: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
This was because reason was in fact out to lunch.
Quote from: anonymous
"We are the middle children of history. Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space."
CobaltBlade
Professional tester of all things...
XD

My enemy is The Strange.

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2013, 08:51:12 am »

You know, I've never really looked at the Strange/Eccentricus ever being skinny and weak. That would make them look malnutritioned.

To establish  peace... and to destroy the Strange.
Astrangegamer
A Stranger Game
Blessed Ham

Strange, this normal, I don't get it

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2013, 03:49:15 pm »

'Esophians' sounds fine and good to me.

Well, Endless Space already has Sophians and I don't really think a single letter will save us from some dumbass accusing us of nicking the name.

If we are going the Latin-derived path, I would suggest illascintur, literally translated to "do you know them". I think it fits with the Strange thematic rather well, the meaning and the name itself. If you have any better suggestions, please share

edit: sorry, Endless Space has Sophons. my bad.
Interesting. Perhaps the "illascintur" name will be a major planet or something. Yes, I know it was crossed out.

You know, I've never really looked at the Strange/Eccentricus ever being skinny and weak. That would make them look malnutritioned.
I didn't see that way before either. I personally see them as primarily green cubes of about the same size as other races. I think though because we're no longer following Planetoid cube rules, there will be greater difference potential.

- Astrangegamer ([year])
CobaltBlade
Professional tester of all things...
XD

My enemy is The Strange.

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »

I didn't see that way before either. I personally see them as primarily green cubes of about the same size as other races. I think though because we're no longer following Planetoid cube rules, there will be greater difference potential.

Yup, there appearance also effects the reactions of the other races to the Eccentricus's as a fragile and insignificant race.

To establish  peace... and to destroy the Strange.
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 06:23:08 am »

Okay, here is what I have done:

1. I added a few more minor Avatars from the prior list of member-named deities; I found this fitting, due to it giving reference and contribution of multiple members of the community. Again, just suggestions, but I can see this working, especially in future works I plan to write.

2. I tried to make every minor Avatar as gray-spotted as possible; to explain, I want all minor deities to have the capability of being both "good" and "evil", so that they are all easily swayed from side to side via their own intentions; therefore, the combat between Juukregia and Mazteria can rage on, while connecting multiple stories/events across the galaxy, of which due to this set up now have the possibility of occurring.

For instance, although Dionoxi is an Avatar of "justice", "justice" is a loose, subjective term; he interprets it as following/honoring codes and statutes, regardless of what organization it is from. So, if an Alien (due to lack of established equivalent) were to go rogue and not enslave another species when ordered to do so, and Dionoxi witnessed it, he would exact swift, divine justice upon him, though most would say he did the right thing. For another example, Borallus is an Avatar associated with spirituality, and though this is true, he is also associated with extremely extraordinary science; he could be described as a mad scientist, being displayed during the Avatar Conflict of 1E, where he killed entire species to conduct his experiments. And, for a final example, even Acciorar is associated with Honor, if two "heroes" were engaged in battle, and both stuck to some code of honor, he would support them both.

3. I added Vratch Te as a reference for deified mortals.

4. I cleared all summaries of minor Avatars (excluding my own) until Gheiter writes more information on the universe.

I hope these ideas are okay with you, Gheiter.

EDIT: I have now cleared the topic; it will remained cleared until further information is developed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:55:59 am by GetDowntoLive » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate to The Planetoid Community
* Arcade
There are no arcade mods installed.