The Planetoid Community
May 27, 2018, 12:36:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Media Login Register  
NEW FORUMS
***NOTICE***

The Planetoid Community has moved to a new subdomain. These forum boards are locked and no longer active. Please register at the following URL and update your bookmarks:

http://boards.planetoidcommunity.com/

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Beacon-Verse (BV)  (Read 10380 times)
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2014, 07:09:31 am »

-devour souls/thaumaturgical energy of other beings
-originally derived from Zaphaura  
-destroyed by intense gravity (moon or higher)

No, no and no. They may "devour" their souls to a certain extent, but they cannot necessarily "destroy" them; once said beings are deceased, the souls would be released. The Zaphaura are quite the opposite of these beings; they are literal plasmatic entities within a field format of a strongly applied electromagnetic field. They are, in a sense, literally light. And, lastly, this allows them to be a bit too superior for the Beacon-Verse. The scientific contradictions within this are the major things, however, that are turning me off to the idea. Fore, signals are electromagnetic, life is electromagnetic and therefore they are light and vibrations; yet, they are afraid of light in which destroys them, am I correct?
Jalern
The Great Panzaza!
Quality Bucket
Cancer

Hopes, Dreams and Vitriol

View Profile Email
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2014, 07:39:11 am »

-devour souls/thaumaturgical energy of other beings
-originally derived from Zaphaura  
-destroyed by intense gravity (moon or higher)

No, no and no. They may "devour" their souls to a certain extent, but they cannot necessarily "destroy" them; once said beings are deceased, the souls would be released. The Zaphaura are quite the opposite of these beings; they are literal plasmatic entities within a field format of a strongly applied electromagnetic field. They are, in a sense, literally light. And, lastly, this allows them to be a bit too superior for the Beacon-Verse. The scientific contradictions within this are the major things, however, that are turning me off to the idea. Fore, signals are electromagnetic, life is electromagnetic and therefore they are light and vibrations; yet, they are afraid of light in which destroys them, am I correct?
Anything to do with the leeching of life energy works for them, destruction isn't necessary.

I intended for Zaphaura to be the opposites of these beings. They fear life/energy/light/etc and everything to do with it, but they need to leach off it to survive. Like a man who fears his own flesh and blood, or the food on his plate.

High amounts of gravity dissipate them, I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Keep in mind this is not a natural evolution, but a unnatural corruption.

I probably missed a point and dodged a few entirely.

Carousel.
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:52 am »

Anything to do with the leeching of life energy works for them, destruction isn't necessary.

I intended for Zaphaura to be the opposites of these beings. They fear life/energy/light/etc and everything to do with it, but they need to leach off it to survive. Like a man who fears his own flesh and blood, or the food on his plate.

High amounts of gravity dissipate them, I fail to see what's wrong with that.

Keep in mind this is not a natural evolution, but a unnatural corruption.

I probably missed a point and dodged a few entirely.

Your explanation was fine. I understand better now. What I meant by gravitational dissipation is that I thought you were implying they were indestructible otherwise (excluding light). This isn't the case, correct?

I would still pressure no relation to the Zaphuara, other than being a spiritual opposition to their existence, but otherwise I believe this is all well enough to be added.
Jalern
The Great Panzaza!
Quality Bucket
Cancer

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2014, 07:59:08 am »

They are highly destructible given the right conditions. Anything that involves large amounts of energy in a short amount of time (like a missile) would effectively deter if not outright destroy them. The trouble is detecting them in the first place. Because once one is grasping onto your ship, nothing short of self-destruction will cause it to let go.

Being exposed to any amount of light for too long will slowly weaken and eventually kill them. Stars to them are the embodiment of death/whatever their equivalent of non-existence is.

Perhaps the First Corrupted saw the zaphuara and it inspired it to create these loathsome beings.

Carousel.
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:39 am »

They are highly destructible given the right conditions. Anything that involves large amounts of energy in a short amount of time (like a missile) would effectively deter if not outright destroy them. The trouble is detecting them in the first place. Because once one is grasping onto your ship, nothing short of self-destruction will cause it to let go.

Being exposed to any amount of light for too long will slowly weaken and eventually kill them. Stars to them are the embodiment of death/whatever their equivalent of non-existence is.

Perhaps the First Corrupted saw the zaphuara and it inspired it to create these loathsome beings.

Alright. I apologize for my initial misinterpretation of your comments. Added.
Jalern
The Great Panzaza!
Quality Bucket
Cancer

View Profile Email
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2014, 08:20:40 pm »

Well since this is dead I'm going to take my concepts and put them in the other universe I'm creating.

Universe building is so fun.

M'kay.

Carousel.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate to The Planetoid Community
* Arcade
There are no arcade mods installed.