The Planetoid Community
December 18, 2018, 01:28:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Media Login Register  
NEW FORUMS
***NOTICE***

The Planetoid Community has moved to a new subdomain. These forum boards are locked and no longer active. Please register at the following URL and update your bookmarks:

http://boards.planetoidcommunity.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Treehouse First Month Free  (Read 4436 times)
Elmzran
Ham Master
Administrator
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »

For those interested in learning how to program, go check out Treehouse. It's a recent, very user friendly, engaging platform for learning how to code in various languages, such as HTML, CSS, PHP, JacaScript, and on platforms like iOS and Android. It tracks your progress, has tons of video tutorials, interactive examples, quizzes, and much more, all designed and maintained by experts in their respective fields. New courses come out on a weekly basis.

It costs $25 a month for the basic plan, but the code below will give you a free month. If you don't have credit card info, make a quick PayPal account and just select that payment option. You won't be able to continue after the first month without money, but hey, it's worth a shot.

https://teamtreehouse.com/subscribe/plans?cid=1178&discount_code=REDDITLEARN100

Gheiter
NPGP Developer
Administrator
Blessed Ham

Also known as the Lord of Cookies!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:41:33 am »

What is this "JacaScript" you're talking about? Tongue

#28. Law of Breaking Laws: - Any laws found broken must be fixed or paid for by the one who broke the law. With law mechanics expensive as they are, we cannot afford to keep doing it ourselves.

"This isn't our freakin' universe!" -- Myself
Astrangegamer
A Stranger Game
Blessed Ham

Strange, this normal, I don't get it

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:57:31 pm »

Looks interesting. *notes to look further* Of the mentioned here, for HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, and Android, I can help with teaching those if anyone's interested.

- Astrangegamer ([year])
Elmzran
Ham Master
Administrator
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:58:07 am »

Shush, Gheiter. And thanks ASG, If I run into trouble I can ask you for help.

Anyway, I've spent about 6 hours on Treehouse, and have learned more about HTML and CSS during those 6 hours than I've ever known. I HIGHLY recommend this site to anyone willing to learn something new.

Astrangegamer
A Stranger Game
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 11:43:45 am »

Noted. What kinds of subjects are there for each language specifically? Can you give some examples?

- Astrangegamer ([year])
Elmzran
Ham Master
Administrator
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:20:14 pm »

Subjects? Like, what they go over? Basically, all of Treehouse is designed to teach you as much about each language as possible, in a simple, step-by-step, fun, engaging manner. At least, I find it fun and engaging Tongue They do a really good job with the video tutorials, and the narrators have excellent speaking skills, making them clearly audible and easy to understand.

There's a button about "How it Works" on the front page of Treehouse. Click that, and it'll explain it better than I can.

Astrangegamer
A Stranger Game
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:25:31 pm »

Subjects? Like, what they go over? Basically, all of Treehouse is designed to teach you as much about each language as possible, in a simple, step-by-step, fun, engaging manner. At least, I find it fun and engaging Tongue They do a really good job with the video tutorials, and the narrators have excellent speaking skills, making them clearly audible and easy to understand.

There's a button about "How it Works" on the front page of Treehouse. Click that, and it'll explain it better than I can.
I see. I don't know why, but I did not see that button. *looking deeper*

- Astrangegamer ([year])
gravybatter
Insignificant man
DaHammer

Power may change hands but a taste of pork lingers

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 01:31:24 am »

This sounds like a scam. Especially if Elmzran is showing it to us Tongue

I have no interest in programming though :I sozbee.

http://www.twitch.tv/gravybatter gaming streams, stop on by once in a while.
UFO
Planetoid Defense
DaHammer

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 05:39:29 am »

Thanks for posting this.

Once I actually acquire some currency above the simple standards I carry around in my wallet, I will look into it.
Elmzran
Ham Master
Administrator
Blessed Ham

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »

Not a scam at all Tongue I'm actually learning a loooooooooooooooooooooot. In fact, Gheiter and I have extensive plans for freelancing work. This may mark the beginning of me shifting away from a game development focus, to more of a focus on web-based things.

Though Twine does use a lot of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP, so I could still make some kick-ass Twine stories. We'll just see what the future holds.

Go here to view my progress: http://teamtreehouse.com/jonathanroosa

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Donate to The Planetoid Community
* Arcade
There are no arcade mods installed.