Switching Hosts

After nearly 6 years with HostMonster, the time has come to switch hosts. I'm no longer able to afford their monthly rate, mostly due to college poverty.

I'm about to initiate the transfer to our new host, HostGator. I'm not sure how long this transfer will take, and if there will be any interruptions or not. If there's any downtime, then the transfer will most likely be its cause.

After the transfer is complete, planetoidcommunity.com will redirect here until we find good use for that domain. I'm also finally relinquishing control of tastyhamgames.com and a few other domains I haven't used for years.
/(?##~##)/

Comments

• Goodbye Hostmonster, may you rot in hell for the random downtimes.
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration
  • If we can say somethings we suggest you GoDaddy.
    In the last 2/3 years we had a lot of problem with HostGator, they overbook their shared hosting and you can go offline for some hours if the other site hostend on your server are receiving heavy traffic, we moved all the site on GoDaddy and we are a lot happy about that

Price are more or less the same
    https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=9009
    LobeTia - Press & Community Manager for "The Planetoid Series"
    I'll have to do that later, unfortunately. The transfer is currently in process and I don't want to mess up things. If I start encountering issues with HostGator, I'll switch to GoDaddy.
    /(?##~##)/
  • On the website, why don't we add more about what we've done?
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
    Oh we shall, but we need to have a but more... substantial content. We have PDef and a few minor past things, but a couple more 100% done games would be great.

Anyway, an update on the transfer: Just a few minutes before this post, the transfer started. I can't guarantee that any posts made between now and when I update the DNS settings will remain. I'll try to manually copy over the database after I update the DNS settings, but I'm not sure if that will work.

I'll keep everyone updated.
    /(?##~##)/
  • On content, I think we should get started, at least with a rough layout so we can say what we have so far.

On website transfers, noted.
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
  • The website loads like a potato now.
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

• The website loads like a potato now.
    HOW DARE YOU?
    Potatoes are not this slow, you're hurting their feelings.

But seriosuly though don't complain. It's pretty much either this or death.
    This is still not our universe.
  • I was making a statement :P

I noticed no difference.

Also there was some post loss. I don't want to break something, so I'm not going to try merging databases. Though, I will post the contents of the old posts here and in jalern's CYOA game since he lost a few there.
    /(?##~##)/
  • he.
    I'm a proud jalernsgendered transjalern with jalern heritage and I decree your callous use of the pronoun 'he' to be triggering.

For future reference use the pronouns Jalern/Jalern/Jalern or Master/Imperator/Lord-and-Saviour
    ➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈
    [7:45 pm] Kerlc: Being a cuck is great'
    Futanari Loli Nazi Succubus Squad ~☆「Sieg Heil」 Your Heart Into Ecstasy!!
    ふたなり・ロリ・ナチス・サキュバス・スクアッド~☆あなたの心をエクスタシーへ「ジークハイル」しよ!
  • he.

I'm a proud jalernsgendered transjalern with jalern heritage and I decree your callous use of the pronoun 'he' to be triggering.

For future reference use the pronouns Jalern/Jalern/Jalern or Master/Imperator/Lord-and-Saviour
    This is a forgery. Elm never said he with a period.

I proceed to hold you in contempt of court.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG