Happy 5th Anniversary

edited April 2015 in Announcements
We've officially been around for 5 years, so happy 5th anniversary all.

I'll keep this short. Here's a list of statements for this event:

1. The fact this place is still active in some form after 5 years is shocking, needless to say. None of you really have any reason to be here, but the fact that a handful of you still post regardless is great. Thanks for your continued dedication.

2. We'll have a project next semester. I've learned a lot about project planning and time management for programming projects this past semester. In fact, as I type this, I'm drafting a 10 page design document for my current programming assignment. This knowledge, combined with GitHub so we can have multiple programmers, will make sure this project is completed. Once I learn a bit more Python, we'll be going through the make a libtcod Python tutorial on RogueBasin for making a full, basic roguelike.

3. Once that next project is done, I'll setup a small portfolio site on planetoidcommunity.com. Until then, it'll remain a file index.

4. Any game server ideas?

5. I found a high paying MTurk alternative, where I've earned $140 in about 10 hours. I've spent most of my free time there recently, so I apologize for the lack of activity.

6. Expect to see details about the project sometime in March or April.

It's neat seeing how much all of us have changed since 2009-2010. Here's hoping for another 5 years, hopefully much better than the first 5.
/(?##~##)/

Comments

4. Minecraft.
    [12:49] William "Tankman": yuri loli spaceshipgirls
    [15:42] Jalern: I want to fuk r63 loli mao
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 0
    I'm able to host a server on a spare computer I have if necessary. I just have to install an OS.

Also, I have an idea for a small 2D space game thingie I might start working on at some point. I have a lot more experience now, so it could become quite cool.
    This is still not our universe.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 0
    Cool

Also Minecraft is the easiest server game because you don't need everyone online in order to play.
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration
  • I highly doubt I would be participating heavily in any of these. I've decided that game design bores me, and I don't want to invest a lot of time in a game server.

Happy anniversary.

On a side note, I'm very sad the old site doesn't exist anymore.
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
    You mean archive.planetoidcommunity.com ?
    /(?##~##)/
  • Happy 5th Planetoid Community Anniversary. Strange to type those words in a good way.

To respond to the numbers:
    1. I wouldn't say no reason. Even if we aren't building something actively, we're a community, not just a forum.
    2. Nice. What is the current programming assignment you refer to, if I may ask? On the new project, I have some ideas on how I think we should work with the development procedure that aren't the game ideas and actual programming. In my experience, they help coordinate things.
    3. What happened to the original text adventure like entry page for that matter?
    4. Minecraft seems like a good one to me. Other than that, I cannot think of any right now.
    5. Nice.
    6. Noted.
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
  • Elmzran said:

You mean archive.planetoidcommunity.com ?

YES.

On a side note, I found this:
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
  • This is a secluded location. It is good for posting the inane and what one would rather not be available on a larger platform.

I have a bad habit of getting my hopes up, so it is likely I will learn to program myself so I can rely on my own laziness and lack of drive rather than that of others.

The fun of Minecraft extends as far as mods allow it.
    ➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈
    [7:45 pm] Kerlc: Being a cuck is great'
    Futanari Loli Nazi Succubus Squad ~☆「Sieg Heil」 Your Heart Into Ecstasy!!
    ふたなり・ロリ・ナチス・サキュバス・スクアッド~☆あなたの心をエクスタシーへ「ジークハイル」しよ!
    Minecraft may very well actually happen during my Winter break. It depends on many factors though.
    /(?##~##)/
  • jalern said:

This is a secluded location. It is good for posting the inane and what one would rather not be available on a larger platform.

At least it isn't SA.
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

• jalern said:

This is a secluded location. It is good for posting the inane and what one would rather not be available on a larger platform.

At least it isn't SA.
    South America, Soluble Activist, Sundered Arms, Silent Arachnid, Silver Arsonist, Sickly Atrium, Syphilis Aeterna
  • Something Awful

But ya, close enough.

• Something Awful

Isn't that SJW wonderland?
  • Na, it's just asshole wonderland.

• Hooray, happy 5 year anniversary! I know that I am late, but you shall receive my congratulations nonetheless.
  • Man, 5 years? I feel old.
    To establish peace, and destroy the Strange.

Member of Planetoid Community since November 2010.
    5 years indeed. Hardly feels like it, but half a decade has certainly passed.
    /(?##~##)/
  • Elmzran said:

5 years indeed. Hardly feels like it, but half a decade has certainly passed.

Other than shifting hosts, very little has changed.

Like clockwork: menial discussion, projects(lack thereof) and transient minecraft servers
    True. We'll have our first project not in GM soon, though. I'm aiming for the Spring. Just gotta learn more python first.
    /(?##~##)/