Console Valuation

edited May 2016 in General
So I got bored the other day, and found the value of all of my old SNES, N64, and Gamecube games. Turns out I have nearly $2,000 worth of stuff. Here's a poorly organized spreadsheet of everything I have: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GhqJ8-aSLOlInz7XdzZ2kYTbgZ27Cnm5VoQ4pkTA2iE/edit?usp=sharing

Most valuable game is Super Mario RPG for the SNES, at about $53. Most valuable item is my Pikachu edition N64, at $135.
/(?##~##)/

Comments

• What are the values for each item based on, I might ask? If you do intend to sell any of this, I would think wisely on it first. I personally intend to keep all of my videogames for my nephew, but it looks interesting to find their worth regardless. I know for sure I have one game which should price at about $200 (Earthbound for SNES).
    "Gas giants don't discriminate. They have gas for everyone." -ASG
  • Yeah, what is that based on? Some sources pay more, some pay less.

In any case, what do you plan to do with them?
    How do you say no to someone who asks you to say no?
    - Random Question Number 289

These Random Questions were not paid for by anybody.
  • I have Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium 1+2, Pokemon Snap, Majoras Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Banko Kazooie, Gex 64, and probably a shit ton of other n64 games

Altogether worth jackshit.

edit: also remember having Pro Skater 1+2

I had Killer Instinct 2, which is apparently pretty rare, but I traded it in like an idiot

Also used to have the box for majoras mask, lost it
    ➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈➈
    [7:45 pm] Kerlc: Being a cuck is great'
    Futanari Loli Nazi Succubus Squad ~☆「Sieg Heil」 Your Heart Into Ecstasy!!
    ふたなり・ロリ・ナチス・サキュバス・スクアッド~☆あなたの心をエクスタシーへ「ジークハイル」しよ!
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,154
    @Jalern I mean, those are kinda worth something. Maybe close to $200 USD.

I got my prices from here: https://www.pricecharting.com/ It apparently updates the averages of each item based off Ebay and Amazon listings, so I feel that it's at least mostly accurate.

And I have no plans on selling these, just wanted to find the value.
    /(?##~##)/
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 0
    Elmzran said:

@Jalern I mean, those are kinda worth something. Maybe close to $200 USD.

I got my prices from here: https://www.pricecharting.com/ It apparently updates the averages of each item based off Ebay and Amazon listings, so I feel that it's at least mostly accurate.

And I have no plans on selling these, just wanted to find the value.

I'll have to bookmark that. Once I'm done with a chemistry project I'm doing, I might go ahead and pricechart all my games as well.
  • So I got around to doing this for myself now, though I included pretty much every console-related item I own that I can hold in my hand. I formatted it pretty much in the same way as Elm did, and have around $1,700 worth of stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lSJoyq3jZyokNlJnTVMj0n_Xmz9SMiGQ0FPOTUY-P20/edit?usp=sharing

A few of these, such as Spider-Man and whatever the heck this Dreamcast Magazine thing is, I had to guess pretty hard on the prices. Also my copy of Shenmue actually comes in three discs and includes a Shenmue passport so I'm not sure how that is affected.

Definitely the biggest surprises on here for me are Mega Man X3, Power Stone 2, and that my shitty gamecube controller is actually worth money.

The only items to break triple digits were Mega Man X3 ($199.90) and EarthBound ($173.83), both on SNES.
    Damn, nice. The Shenmue thing sounds like some deluxe edition, so the price is probably higher than average. If I couldn't find an item on the price chart, like in the case of my golden Ocarina of Time cartridge, I'd hop on eBay and try to figure out the going rate.
    /(?##~##)/
  • I got rid of all my really old console stuff unfortunately, so I can't do this .-.
    "I am sorry but if you don't like cake you're literally hitler
    Like I'm pretty sure an entire chapter of Mein Kampf is all about how much he loathes cake" - Kerlc, 2016

[3:35:15 AM] Kerlc: they have boobs
    [3:35:18 AM] Kerlc: but they still have 12

[10:00:19 AM] Kerlc: I actually prefer the penetration